November 15, 2010

Diva Cup- feel more relaxed during your period ladies



I am writing this review based on my own personal experience, and having paid for this myself.  




To all you hot ladies who have not heard about the Diva Cup, or those of you who have but were totally grossed out.  This has been a life saver during those so not feeling so awesome days of my period.  HONESTLY, you put this baby in and don't feel it or think about it.  You can feel a tampon and pad WAY more than the Diva Cup.  


Let's hear some facts.  


1.  It's a product of Canada.  Canadians-do your happy dance, I know I am.
2.  It comes in 2 sizes, 1 for the younger ladies (under 30) and never been pregnant, and size 2 for ladies over 0 and if you've been pregnant c-section or vag birth, size 2 doesn't discriminate.
3.  You should replace your Diva Cup once a year
4.  Licensed with both FDA and Health Canada
5.  Made out of siliconewhich is 100% plastic-free, BPA-free, latex-free and odorless – is the same material and grade approved for healthcare applications.
6.  Silicone is phthalate-free, latex-free, plastic-free and BPA-free
7.  No animal testing done here




So let's talk about the deed it's self.  Don't get all squimish, if you can put a tampon in you can put a Diva Cup in.  Yes you might get a little dirty, but can you think of a time where you didn't get dirty during your period?  Yeah-it's sexy.  You just wash that baby up (you can use Diva Wash or be like me and use any soap on hand.  I use it to wash my body so I don't see the difference in washing something I put in my body where it gets soap from a shower or bath in it).  So you wash it, some ladies say running it under hot water makes it more pliable and easier to work with.  You roll it in half and then roll it into a "u" shape.  You insert it using the rounded "u" and then the rest.  Make sure to be relaxed, same goes for tampons.  It says when you've got it in to twirl it yo make sure it's opened, I like to pull it out just a touch then put it back up to make sure it's opened.  Sometimes a little after you put it in you might feel it pop open, you feel it in the base of your tummy or around there.  Don't be alarmed.  Then you're good to go, do anything you need to do and honestly totally forget about it.  I can usually go all day, put it in the morning and wash it right before bed.  No leaks, no wet tampon string, no tampon crotch, no stinky pads.  I honestly think the Diva Cup is cleaner than tampons and for sure pads.  


If you were considering it, I hope this puts you over.  You'll love it
It's $40.00.  You'd spend WAY more than that on other products, this is green, and safe for your insides.  Do yourself a favour, make your periods be the last thing you worry about this holiday season.  We all know what it's like to keep checking if you've leaked, and when you're busy and with family the whole time it's hard to feel safe.  You can put this baby in even before you get it, when you know it's coming just not quite sure when.  Grab yourself a Diva Cup!


Check out this video.  If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below :-)
Wanna get one but need to know where?  Ask a fellow Diva Cup-er, I'm nice







EcoStiletto's Rachel Breaks Down the Reusable Cup from EcoStiletto on Vimeo.

0 comments: