January 8, 2011

We got a dog!

Toby



Anyone who has known us knows we love animals.  We have 4 cats right now and a fish tank.  We've been wanting a dog pretty much since the hubby and I moved out.  On New Year's Eve we got one.  We drove quite a few hours with my Father in Law and J to pick out a puppy.  They had just turned 8 weeks old the day before.  There were 2 boys left to pick from.  We picked ours out and made the long drive home.  


His name is Toby.  He's a boston terrier and just turned 9 weeks old, he was born November 11th 2010.  I can't believe how fast he's growing, kind of reminds me of having a baby all over again.  Also makes it feel like I have 2 toddlers running around, taring up even more stuff, even faster.  It's fun, and also super stressful lol.


J loves him as you an see.  She was also extremely jealous, w hich I didn't even think would happen.  She slept in his bed, took his toys away, directs him where to walk, look, or when to eat.  She carries him everywhere, and always has to know where he is.  Half of that is due to the huge amount of love she has for him, the other half is because he's stealing her thunder....lol

Either way we're all happy he's home, and that we now have a dog that we've wanted for so long.  Let the "potty" training begin.  This is going to be harder than I thought.  The cats and him have not made friends yet, although Sylvester is showing a genuine interest.  Our cat's names are Kitty, Annabelle, Sylvester, and Shellie.  I hope for them all to be one big happy famil, running and playing in the house.  A girl can dream, can't she?  




7 comments:



Sippy Cup Mom said...

Oh my, he is just the cutest dog ever! I want to give him a big cuddle!

I'm a new follower from Say Hi Sunday!



Avery said...

Thanks so much! He's on my lap right now hahah

Thanks for following, I'm a new follower to you as well, beautiful blog lady



Anonymous said...

My friends breeds Bostons and they are just the cutest puppies. Toby is adorable. I wish we could have pets!

I'm a new follower from Say Hi Sunday! I'd love for you to follow back!



Anonymous said...

He is SO cute! I would love to get a puppy for our little boys! He is going to be fun :)
I found you from Saying Hi Sunday! Have a great week and hope to see you stop by my blog sometime!
-Marci
http://www.Balancingstilettosandscrubs.com



Anonymous said...

Stopping by via the weekend hop to say hello.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

http://poshonabudget.com/2010/12/happy-saturday.html



Amy from GrinningCheektoCheek said...

oh my gosh so cute! i love that J is carrying him around and cuddling him! so cute!
Stopping by and following for the Blog Hop!
Please visit me at http://www.grinningcheektocheek.com!

-Amy



Avery said...

Thanks so much everyone, I have followed all your pages :-) So glad to "meet" you guys